Monday, October 09, 2006

Fate

The other day that I decided that I don't think I believe in fate. Now that I think about it though, maybe I do. Perhaps this is why the idea of fate vs. free will is maybe the most argued about and controversial topic not only in the world but in Christianity also. I think next week when I am teaching my C-Group bible study to jr. highers I will start an arguement about it, that would be interesting. I remember lots of times being in bible studies where arguements last so long that they eventually just become arguements about fate vs. free will. It seems like every arguement that lasts long enough comes down to that.

I guess instead of taking a stance, I will keep typing until I'm tired and see where my thoughts end up...


I think that when people think too much about fate and destiny they can keep themselves from feeling too bad about their mistakes. I find this to be real common with girls and especially with relationships and times we just totally screw up. I can honestly say that I've had days where I felt like I made God cry. And I wasn't sitting there saying, "Man I wish I didn't have to make God cry." Instead, I could see the exact picture in my head where my decision was made. Yet, God knew all along I was going to make that decision. I wonder if he cried when he made me, knowing that someday I was going to do that. Maybe he never cried at all, and I just felt like I made him cry.

Maybe fate is a completely stupid term that should only be used for Greek mythology in school textbooks. In which case, I would continue to argue why Greek mythology is in textbooks because it is lame and if should have to learn about things that aren't real, they might as well get to learn about fictional stories that don't suck like Lord of the Rings. Anyway, maybe I just believe that God has a plan for my life that I can choose to run from. For my whole life, I've always said I wasn't going to get married because I don't want to. I have to admit I was joking because I really like girls. They are nice and smell good for the most part. I was kidding about the nice part though, most girls are only nice if it is in their best interest at the moment. That's a side note for another time. But honestly, I don't care if I get married. I don't fantasize about the little white church I will marry in or what my house will look like. I think if God wants me to get married, he's going to give me a really sweet wife whose strengths will make up for my weaknesses. That's a really strong wife. But what if God has a perfect woman in mind for me, and I run from God for a time and marry another girl. Is that possible? I don't know. Does God's will only apply to me when I am following it? Does that last sentence even make sense? I don't know. I think I'd rather write about how girls aren't nice. That sounds easier. I guess that is my conclusion to the arguement of fate vs. free will.

The answer: Girls are only nice when it is in their best interest.


If you read all of this, sorry for making you know less.

2 Comments:

Blogger cephalothorax said...

i think that it is true that arguments always end up in fate vs. free will.
or shall we call it predestination vs. free will.
i think it is one of those things that God gets and we never will.
i love God.
he is really cool like that.

3:53 AM  
Blogger yazz said...

I don't know why i read this, BUT this made me laugh, becuase girls are only nice when it's in their best interest. Thank God for making me into a woman. ;-)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home