Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I like...

Sometimes I waste too much time trying to form elaborate sentences with cleverly phrased titles. This is not going to be one of those times. From here on, this post will take the form of Asterisked bullet points. This is something I kinda felt like doing driving home today. I don't know that this list will ever end...


*I like when I am driving and there are mountains in my rear view mirror

*I like when people don't believe that I know every lyric to every song on KOST 103.5 and I get to prove them wrong

*I like the sound of silence in a room full of people who are thinking about things bigger than themselves

*I like the smell of buses. I like camps. I like wearing a backpack because it makes me think I might be going to camp. It usually turns out I just couldn't carry everything that day

*I like finding a story in the Bible I never knew before

*I like telling my mom she listens to crappy music while she's cooking even though I don't really care, have actually grown accustomed to it, and would probably miss it if it was gone

*I like the band Owen

*I like when my dog sits with her head on my lap while I do my homework

*I like that I play on a softball team with old guys :)

*I like spitting in front of girls and telling them there's nothing I can do about it because I am on a softball team

*I like the song, "A New Day has Come" by Celine Dion

*I like singers who can get from their falsetto voice to their chest voice really clean (Like my love Celine, and occasionally the guy from Five for Fighting. Such as in "100 Years"...right at 1 minute 57 seconds)

*I also like singers who do it more edgy like Chris Martin from Coldplay

*I like playing Madden '08 on my phone for the entire duration of my stupid nutrition class every day

*I like that my fantasy football team is called The Mission Viejo Golden Retrievers

*I like that I still talk trash even though I am 0-5

*I like when my jr. high boys see me from far away when I visit Wildside and run and tackle me

*I like that I hang out with lots of people who aren't the same age as me

*I like where my life is headed right now

*I like seeing why God was willing to let me go through times in my life to be where I am now

*I like conversations that happen in vans. Especially on Mexico trips.

*I like remembering another story that reminds me just how ridiculously fun my senior trip to Mexico was with all my best friends

*I like that the song "Note to Self:" by Owen makes me cry

*I like hugging Taffy and Matt McGill

*I like seeing people who truly choose to allow God to transform their life

*I like the simplicity of knowing that if I am faithful to God, I will always be right where I am supposed to be

*I like the movie Space Jam

*I like when something hits me like it never has before

*I like when God puts pictures in my head of what my future could be like

*I like that the pictures always have students on their knees worshiping God

*I like that junior high boys are always timid at first, but will eventually look up to you like no other age group

*I like how confused I get when I sit around and wonder why God made me good at playing drums

*I like that I can make mixed CD's that will melt girls (and real men's) hearts ;)

*I like when people try to get away with saying "I know" and you challenge them with, "Really though. Do you really know?"

*I like everything about Lord of the Rings

*I like girls who like everything about Lord of the Rings

*I like that my friends and I come up with amazing names for multiplayer halo: (Rick Warren, Kay Warren, Fred Durst, The PEACE Plan, having an entire team be the five global giants, etc.)

*I like that the majority of my real conversations have been on the way and out in the water surfing with my best friends

*I like seeing how God is using each of my friends even though we are beginning to split up

*I like that my friend Alice likes the way I form my sentences

*I have at times come to the conclusion that I appreciate my friend Alice enjoying the way I may or may not decide to phrase my sentences.

*I like that I don't know what my future holds

*I like taking myself out of the equation

*I love my mom

*and my dad

*and my sister

*and sometimes my dog


the end.

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I like that I was a part of two of those sentences...and I do like the way you choose to form your sentences...and I like you.

I would also like if we spent more time together...let's be hang-out friends...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Ange said...

I like people who can have an in-depth serious conversation about Lord of the Rings and not call each other dorks.
I really like this post.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Matt Jensen said...

Abbey would be sad if she read this blog, good thing your dog can't read yet.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Zach Zeiger said...

i like this post.

6:45 PM  
Blogger ali said...

i actually look up to you a heck of a lot
you probably know that already
but i think you're great
this is one of those times

9:10 PM  
Blogger Alanna Moine said...

*I like that I just downloaded 100 years from Five for Fighting...for the sole purpose of listening to moment 1:57 eventhough I don't like that song.

*I like that I also just realized that it's that stupid superman song that I don't like.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home